- During the past 8 years of our People-People partnership, Wayne has worked on a variety of shorter-term client projects, while Michelle has worked primarily with one client in a merger situation. However, for both of us, the work has been with leaders and leadership teams.
- Both of us are certified in SAVI®, which is the System for Analyzing Verbal Interactions. The 4-year certification process, accomplished by only a handful of professionals, globally, requires intensive work understanding and analyzing the communication process. This scientifically-based communication system is based on the work of many theorists and practitioners during the past 60 years.
- We have both been students at the System Centered Training (SCT) and Research Institute for over four years. SCT has made us more skillful observers of organizations as systems. This has enhanced our ability to assess organizational problems and recommend solutions that work.
- We have each been living in Houston for over 25 years, and are very familiar with the energy and medical sectors of our business community.
- We have facilitated hundreds of workshops and other events throughout the community and are active in the O D community.
Michelle is an Organization Development Consultant (Ph.D., Organizational Psychology, Rice University, 1989), focusing on leadership and team development, with an emphasis on communications effectiveness. In all her practice areas, she works at diagnosing contributing factors and providing solutions. Michelle’s past work experience includes Director of Culture and Engagement at Exterran, Director of Strategic Initiatives and Change Management Consultant for Arthur Andersen Business Consulting, and Managing Principal for Aon’s Human Resources Consulting group.
Wayne L. Dorris, Ph.D.
Wayne brings 20+ years of commitment and involvement in social and organizational change to his affiliation with People-People. His consulting activities have focused in areas of organizational change and system-wide learning. He incorporates tools and ideas in his work from The Seven Habits of Highly-Effective People, The Fifth Discipline, SAVI®, and System Centered Training. He has worked as both an internal and external consultant for Shell, M.D. Anderson Cancer Center, Pennzoil-Quaker State, MXenergy, AMEC, and numerous smaller organizations, government entities, and non-profits in the Houston area.